[code-quality] Pylint - missing module docstring for __init__.py

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jul 2 16:29:29 CEST 2013

This warning seems specious:

__init__.py:1: [C0111] Missing module docstring

especially since __init__.py is often empty (as it is in this case),
being used only as a marker that a directory is actually a package.
This is in Python 2.7.  I'm doing nothing to override the
docstring_min_length config parameter, so if my reading of
DocStringChecker._check_docstring is correct, this message should not
be emitted for any zero-length module.  I can't tell where/how
self.config.docstring_min_length is initialized (find+grep doesn't
return many hits), so can't tell what its value is, either.  (Well,
not without inserting a print statement.)

What am I missing here?

Skip