[code-quality] Custom pylint checkers for Python 2/3 compatibility

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 20:01:18 CEST 2014

I've started work on a pull request to add my Python 3 checkers into
Pylint: https://bitbucket.org/brettsky/pylint . The work isn't quite done,
but I have run into one issue where one of my checker is causing various
regression tests to fail across the board due to strings not being
specified as either unicode or bytes. Is there an easy way to make a
checker opt-in instead of opt-out by default? Or should I go through and
fix all the strings in Pylint (probably through `from __future__ import
unicode`)?