[code-quality] Pyflakes forked to Frosted

Kay Hayen kay.hayen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 18:12:05 CET 2014

Hello,

this was interesting to me:

Error numbers in tools such as pep8 and pyflakes (although flake8 adds
> them to pyflakes) are usually not made to be entirely successive. For
> the most part, there are groupings of errors. The best explanation of
> this is pep8's documentation:
> http://pep8.readthedocs.org/en/latest/intro.html#error-codes
>
> Anything starting with E1 is related to indentation, anything starting
> with E2 is related to whitespace. These are conceptually classes of
> errors. PyLint also follows this convention if I remember correctly
> and you would do well to do the same. The error codes that Flake8 adds
> to PyFlakes follow that convention as well.

So for my compiler Nuitka, there are very few warnings so far, mostly
because
it is very limited in its tracing abilities, but I am expanding this now,
and so far
I was kind of clueless on how to properly format error and warning messages.

It probably will a while, before I find the need to expand it, but it would
be good
to have a common ground, reusable data. For PyLint, these texts seem spread
out in the variables files.

Is there an easy way to access the PyLint warning/error message texts. Would
you be OK with me to grep these out of PyLint or Wiki, and use them under
ASF2
in my project as well. I would of course prefer, for these to exist a place
that makes
reuse easier.

Basically, I am saying, why isn't this some kind of standard. And can we
make it
one.

Yours,
Kay