[code-quality] [ANN] Astroid 1.3 released
shlomme at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:19:17 CET 2014
I'm happy to announce the availability of astroid 1.3.
Functional changes in this release are mostly bugfixes and small
improvements, the large change is that support for Python versions < 2.7
has been dropped, which allows us to support Python 2.7 and 3.3+ from a
single codebase, without relying on 2to3.
In addition to that, the distribution itself has been restructured to make
`python setup.py develop` work correctly.
Other important changes:
* Various speed improvements. Patch by Alex Munroe.
* Add pytest brain plugin. Patch by Robbie Coomber.
* Only C extensions from trusted sources (the standard library)
are loaded into the examining Python process to build an AST
from the live module.
* Path names on case-insensitive filesystems are now properly
handled. This fixes the stdlib detection code on Windows.
* Metaclass-generating functions like six.with_metaclass
are now supported via some explicit detection code.
* Fix a maximum recursion error occured during the inference,
where statements with the same name weren't filtered properly.
Closes pylint issue #295.
A new release of pylint will follow shortly.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the code-quality