[code-quality] flake8 package versions

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 04:07:14 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Kálmán Viktor <kviktor at cloud.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> are you guys planning to upgrade the pep8 and the pyflakes8 packages in
> flake8?
> If I update them manually everything works great, see:
>
> (xy)xy at xy:~$ flake8 --version
> 2.4.1 (pep8: 1.6.2, pyflakes: 1.0.0, mccabe: 0.3.1) CPython 3.4.0 on Linux
>
> However if I uninstall flake8 and reinstall it (or simply upgrade an older
> version) then I get outdated versions of pep8 and pyflakes.
>
> (xy)xy at xy:~$ flake8 --version
> 2.4.1 (pep8: 1.5.7, pyflakes: 0.8.1, mccabe: 0.3.1) CPython 3.4.0 on Linux
>

> Regards,
> Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Here's some discussion to help you understand why we will not be
updating pep8 until there's a new release:

- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/35
- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/37
- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/68
- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/47
- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/48
- https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/72

I should be able to create a 2.5.0 release that will increase the
version cap on pyflakes soon but quality pull requests to address the
remaining issues in the 2.5.0 milestone on GitLab would help
accelerate the process.

Cheers,
Ian