[code-quality] PyCon 2016

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jun 4 06:07:16 EDT 2016

* Ian Cordasco <graffatcolmingov at gmail.com> [2016-06-03 08:04:15 -0500]:
> In conclusion, I think that these meetings were extremely valuable. I
> recognize that most of us (including me) can't afford to go to too
> many of these a year, but I wonder if we should start doing virtual
> meet-ups (perhaps with Google Hangouts on Air) to reap some of the
> same benefits. I know PyLadies Remote has an account to do this with
> and I'm sure we could create a similar account for the PyCQA/this
> mailing list.

FWIW the pytest maintainers have done such a hangout meeting a few
months ago, and it turned out quite well too. It's definitely valuable
at least having seen each other virtually once (and we'll soon see
each other in reallife soon at the pytest sprint) :)

Maybe https://talky.io/ would be an alternative if not everyone has a
Google Hangout account - I've only tried it with two people so far and
not a group though.

Florian