[code-quality] Getting progress output?

Chris Spencer chrisspen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:45:53 EST 2017

Is there any way to configure Pylint to report progress? Nothing fancy,
just something like "Processing file 4 of 104..."

I'm using it to check around 100k lines of code, and right now it produces
no output while it's running. My build server has a timeout period that
resets as long as output is being generated by each step, and I have to
crank this timeout to 20 minutes to stop Pylint from failing. However, this
causes all other steps to potentially take longer, since you could
otherwise assume they timeout after 1 minute when you expect output after 5
seconds of no output.