[code-quality] pylint-unittest plugin to detect less than optimal usage of assertions in your unittest usage

Federico Bond federico.bond at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:30:00 EDT 2018

Thanks James! From what I recall, one thing that tripped me up is
that pytest is never mentioned in the docs for writing a checker/plugin,
despite being required by the Pylint test framework. But mostly it was the
lack of examples for how to set everything up beyond what's mentioned in
the docs.

A clean boilerplate for pylint plugin development would have come super
handy, because pylint-django does things quite differently.