[Compiler-sig] merging branches

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:28:22 CEST 2005

On 10/19/05, Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> We will need to be some benchmarking at some point.  I think it's okay
> if the compiler is a little slower (it's got to be just with the ast.c
> pass), but I don't want it to be ridiculously slow :-).

I think it's quite a bit slower (from my experience a long time ago),
but it doesn't really matter much at this point.  Imports which
require compilation aren't *that* common.  The real problem will be
with compiling dynamic code often.  I'm sure once we bullet proof the
code we can look into improving the perf.  It should be good enough
for now (famous last words :-).