[Compiler-sig] building static python with Numeric

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:36:05 CEST 2007

Dears,

It's about Pyhton for Linux X86.

First, I would like to know if it's possible to build a fully static
python binary, something that does not depends on others libraries
when using 'ldd python', e.g. If so, how?

Second, I would like to build a python for distribution that would
include (statically if possible) the package Numeric-24.2. Is it
possible? How?

Summarising, I would like to build a python binary independent of
others libraries where I could 'import Numeric'.

I would appreciate very much any help here.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Alan