[concurrency] Common Concurrent Problems

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Jun 10 13:08:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Paul Boddie<paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed recently that there's an effort to show solutions to common
> concurrent problems on the python.org Wiki, and I've been using this effort
> as an excuse to look over my own work and to improve it in various ways. I
> even made a remark on the "99 Concurrent Bottles of Beer" page which appears
> to have been wide of the mark - that one would surely try and use operating
> system features in the given example in order to provide a more optimal
> implementation - and I note that Glyph appears to regard the stated problem
> as not really being concurrent.
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Concurrency/99Bottles

Hi all,

I joined this list as concurrency and distributed systems interest me
and after reading the current thread of converstation I thought I'd
share my implementation of the problem with a library/framework
I maintain called circuits (1)

http://codepad.org/6VVLVZ6g

This consists of a threaded Follow Component and 2 other components
responsible for line-buffering and pattern-matching. Before I post
my solution to the wiki, I'll extend my implementation a bit to
following multiple files simultaneously.

Best regards,

cheers
James

1. http://trac.softcircuit.com.au/circuits/