[concurrency] Common Concurrent Problems

Simon Wittber simonwittber at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 06:11:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Paul Boddie<paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed recently that there's an effort to show solutions to common
> concurrent problems on the python.org Wiki, and I've been using this effort
> as an excuse to look over my own work and to improve it in various ways. I
> even made a remark on the "99 Concurrent Bottles of Beer" page which appears
> to have been wide of the mark - that one would surely try and use operating
> system features in the given example in order to provide a more optimal
> implementation - and I note that Glyph appears to regard the stated problem
> as not really being concurrent.

I agree with your comments, however the examples do provide an entry
point towards understanding the different toolkits. They also show how
message passing is handled, terseness and clarity, as well as how much
boiler plate code is needed to set things up.

I've just added an example for Stackless, and an example for Fibra.

--
    :: Simon Wittber
    :: http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonwittber
    :: jabber/msn: simonwittber at gmail.com