[concurrency] about the concurrency-sig list

Peter Fein pete at wearpants.org
Fri Nov 11 21:44:24 CET 2011

Hi-

I started this list & the concurrency section on the wiki
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Concurrency after taking one of Dave
Beazley's classes. Other folks & I wanted a place to discuss the kind
of issues Brad discusses below, in a general and cross-toolkit
context. I don't know why it never really took off, though I'd love to
see it have more life.

Other possible topic includes: Python under Hadoop, MPI, data
processing pipelines (generators).

Should we just establish "Threads: you're doing it wrong" as a ground
rule and be done with it? ;-P

--Pete