[Conferences-discuss] DC conference in March

Mike Orr iron@mso.oz.net
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:59:50 -0700

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:57:09AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> YAS-style conference

What does YAS mean again?

> - Location: GWU conference center in downtown DC.

Georgetown?  It would be a huge thumbs-up to have it in the
downtown/Georgetown area.

>   The conference is near a metro stop so you can
>   always find cheaper lodging elsewhere and metro in.  Or stay with a
>   friend.

Exactly.  One of the problems with the Mark Center was its isolated
location.  I was staying in Adams Morgan in NW DC, and it was a 1 1/2
hour commute.  But having the conference in central DC would allow one
to stay anywhere in DC or in Rosslyn / Pentagon City.

> - Cost: with a price of $100/head, a break-even point at 300
>   attendees.  With a price of $125/head, break even at 250.

$125 for three days?  That would be sweet; we'd definitely get a
significant number of ppl who wouldn't attend otherwise.

> My main question at this point is, are these dates OK?

Fine with me, as is any time in February or March.

--
-Mike (Iron) Orr, iron@mso.oz.net  (if mail problems: mso@oz.net)
   http://iron.cx/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol