[Conferences-discuss] Printed proceedings?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:43:43 -0500

> I'd be willing to do some copy-editing & I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The problem isn't so much finding copy-editors.  It's getting the
authors to do what the copy-editors tell them to do.  Way back when I
worked for CNRI I've seen several proceedings being produced.  Getting
all authors to cooperate with the production process is one of the
hardest parts.  Producing good printed proceedings takes a very long
lead time, and lots of efforts from someone who is really
schedule-sensitive.