[Conferences-discuss] Printed proceedings?

Robin Friedrich robinf1@pdq.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:00:15 -0600

>===== Original Message From Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> =====
>Copy-editing is very expensive and doesn't happen for any conference
>materials ever, except for very expensive ones.  Most academic
>conferences can't afford this.
>
>> So: how does everyone feel about having published papers coming out the
>> conference?  In short, is it worth the time, effort, and expense?
>
>Not to me.
>
>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

Would a Python Conference under the OSCON banner include some publication of
proceedings? If not I can accept a web representation of it. I agree that the
refereed papers with copy editing is not worth the effort.
-Robin