[Conferences-discuss] Santa Fe

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:31:36 -0800 (PST)

Jacob =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hall=E9n?= wrote:
> Aahz Maruch wrote:
>>
>>...but as I said earlier, I'm strongly opposed to conferences far from a
>>decent airport.  IMO, the shorter the conference, the more important
>>this point is.
>
> The hour from ABQ to Santa Fe is comparable to the transit time from
> Alexandria to Dulles. I would say that this is in the range of 'decent'
> distance.

Knowing that, I would be against any further conferences in Alexandria.
I wonder if that played a part in anyone's decision to skip it?  (I
wasn't aware of the distance earlier.)

Obviously, my preferences count for only a tiny bit, but I can't be the
only person who hates long transits to/from airports.

Oh, there's one other difference: Alexandria is at least smack in the
middle of the East Coast, so it's feasible for many people to take
alternate transportation.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.