[Conferences-discuss] Let's step back a bit...

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:23:37 -0800 (PST)

David Ascher wrote:

> While getting the votes on the various issues of proceedings, locations,
> etc. is useful, I'm a bit worried about the way this discussion is
> going.
>
> I may be attributing expectations which aren't true, but if people
> expect that by voicing their personal opinion they will significantly
> affect the details of the conference, I'm afraid they may end up
> dissapointed.

My take is that what we're seeing is the result of consensus that we
want something kind of like YAPC, and we're treading water while we wait
for Guido to tell us what YAS wants from us to get moving.

I think your idea of a web poll is a good one.  I just wonder when the
best time is for it.  (I also think it should require an e-mail address
to prevent ballot-stuffing. ;-)

Let me ask Guido a couple of direct questions: Guido, do you want to be
the point person for YAS (if not, do you want a volunteer for liaison)?
What do you see as the mandate for this list now that we've basically
agreed to the combination of OSCON/Python Conference plus a Python
Workshop?
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.