[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Mike Orr iron@mso.oz.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:45:09 -0700

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 08:06:19PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> It shouldn't need saying, but I am totally opposed to expensive,
> unnecessary, and wasteful swag: I have enough tote bags already.  I

I second making material items an optional extra.  Both because of the
cost and the environmental impact.  You can go through the racks of any
thrift store and wonder how many of the T-shirts were worn once (or
never) and then immediately given away.  Or how many procecdings were
thrown into the dustbin without reading.  If the totes are donated
leftovers, OK, but we don't need to make them.  I have a perfectly
serviceable backpack to carry stuff in.

We could ask for procedings preorders on the early-bird registration
and warn that availability isn't guaranteed if you don't preorder.

--
-Mike (Iron) Orr, iron@mso.oz.net  (if mail problems: mso@oz.net)
   http://iron.cx/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol