[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:48:45 -0600

One thing I've learned is that there are lots of spaces available
for cheap rent if you're a bit creative. Whenever you see a
building that might work, it's worth asking if they rent it out.
Churches, especially, have good spaces and go for cheap. Lions
clubs, all kinds of places like that. Even some of these "Residence
Inn" type places often have rooms that are cheaper than full hotel
spaces, and are nicer and cheaper to stay in if you need to.

On 7/17/2002 at 10:54 AM Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> Guido hinted in his EP 2002 talk that he might want to have some
kind
>of
>> sprint-like stuff for Python futures.  Guido, interested in
making this
>> part of YAPyC 2003?
>
>Sure, if there are facilities available (PythonLabs' McLean
offices
>are a little small, and while we can probably hire extra space
here
>for a few days, that would be expensive.)
>
>> I understand the reasoning.  Personally, though, I'm with Greg
on this
>> one.  I actively hate them.  :^)
>
>But I *do* want T-shirts.  AFAIK conference T-shirts always sell
out.

>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar