[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:57:42 -0600

>Locating the event near the subway will make it more reasonable to
>book cheaper hotels that are further away.

This is a great idea, but it would be tremendously helpful if
someone can make a list of recommended lodgings that are easily
subway-able. See what I've done for Crested Butte (admittedly, we
ride bikes here, rather than taking the subway :-):

http://www.mindview.net/Seminars/Locations/CrestedButte/CrestedButte
.html
The hostel, in particular, is great and people have had a lot of
fun staying there during our seminars.

>Given that some people on this list didn't think that $250 wasn't
>entirely out of line for a small, community-organized Python
event,
>I gather that dormitories are less important for this group, as
long
>as there are some budget options for hotels.

I suppose, but also consider the community thing -- if there are
dorms or youth hostels available (at least on the list of
possibilities) then there's the possibility for more time hanging
out, which is a huge part of a conference, in my experience.

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar