[Conferences-discuss] What happened?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:13:48 -0500

I thought that maybe I had been accidentally unsubscribed from this
list, but no.  According to the archives, nothing has been posted
(except spam) since Feb 15.  That's a record for a short-lived mailing
list created right after a Python conference! :-(

But we don't have any conclusions.  What shall we do?  If it were me,
I'd try the following (which I've proposed before):

1. Have a full Python Conference co-located with OSCON 2003; this
   would probably be end of July in San Diego again.

2. Have a dirt cheap conference organized by YAS together with Python
   volunteers.  Kevin Lenzo of YAS once told me they can do it in June
   at CMU (Pittsburgh).