[Conferences-discuss] What happened?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:50:56 -0500

On 04 March 2002, Guido van Rossum said:
> But we don't have any conclusions.  What shall we do?  If it were me,
> I'd try the following (which I've proposed before):
>
> 1. Have a full Python Conference co-located with OSCON 2003; this
>    would probably be end of July in San Diego again.
>
> 2. Have a dirt cheap conference organized by YAS together with Python
>    volunteers.  Kevin Lenzo of YAS once told me they can do it in June
>    at CMU (Pittsburgh).

It seemed to me like everyone agreed on this basic idea.  That only
leaves an enormous mountain of details (where, when, how much, what kind
of coffee, what colour the name badges should be, etc.) to hash out, and
I think we were mostly trying to avoid that debate until settling the
bigger one.

So, on to the Mountain of Details?

        Greg
--