[Conferences] Sponsors and delegate contact info

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:08:30 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,
   I hope this mail finds you all in good health and spirits.

   I haven't sent any mails to this list before so I'll start by
saying that my name is Noufal Ibrahim and I'm heading the organisation
of the first Indian Pycon scheduled to take place at the end of
September 2009.

   We're looking for corporate sponsors ie. companies in the country
that are into Python and who we can make part of the local Python
community. We have a couple of people who are interested and we're
following up.

   One of the things that a potential sponsor asked for is the list of
delegates along with their contact information (email addresses). We
never anticipated this and didn't put up a privacy policy on our site
when we first launched. The support of this sponsor would go a long
way in covering our costs and actually making the conference a
success. They promise that they won't spam people. I presume that
they're going to use it for their recruiting.   I'm in a bit of
dilemma whether to accept or not.

    A couple of the more experienced people tell me that this is a
standard practice during most corporate conferences. I wanted to know
if any of the other PyCon organisers faced such a situation and if
they did, what was their course of action.

Thanks.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in