[Conferences] Sponsors and delegate contact info

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:03:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Noufal Ibrahim<noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

>   One of the things that a potential sponsor asked for is the list of
> delegates along with their contact information (email addresses). We
> never anticipated this and didn't put up a privacy policy on our site
> when we first launched. The support of this sponsor would go a long
> way in covering our costs and actually making the conference a
> success. They promise that they won't spam people. I presume that
> they're going to use it for their recruiting.   I'm in a bit of
> dilemma whether to accept or not.

We explicitly offered to sponsors "the list of names and mail
addresses of those who explicitly wanted to give you this
information", and in the registration web site (pycon-tech, ;), we put
a checkbox (by default *not* marked) that says "I want to give my info
to sponsors".

Regards,

--
.    Facundo