[Conferences] Live-translation for talks

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon May 25 19:16:30 CEST 2009

In a message of Mon, 25 May 2009 18:44:20 +0200, Tarek Ziadé writes:
>On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>>
>> Why do you want to avoid language mixes?
>
>For the sake of consistency :  I think that feeds with language mixes
>are eventually dropped by their readers.
>
>>From my own experience with twitter and blogs, when I follow someone
>who start to write in a foreign language
>I can't understand, I stop following that person even if  they are
>some english or french entries from time to time,
>to reduce the noise.
>
>Plus, most people in the community understand English.
>
>Cheers
>Tarek

Ah, I have the opposite feeling -- It makes me happy to see that other
people in the world are discussing things, even when it is in a language
that I don't understand.  And I get a nice sense of 'Ah, the PyCON
Italia (or whoever it is) are up and doing stuff, even though I don't
read Italian.  It gives me a happy sense of how international Python
truly is.

Laura