[Conferences] Conference bags

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Sat Oct 10 19:39:08 CEST 2009

paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com wrote:
> What are some good (low cost) ideas you have been using for conference bags?
>
> We would rather use something reusable and/or recyclable, but have not
> yet found an adequately cost effective vendor.

OSCON did Chico bags this year (http://www.chicobag.com, "Original"
style). They're reusable as long-life grocery bags (that nicely fold
into a pouch), and Chico also recycles them if you send them back. Chico
does custom printing, and the bags were less expensive than our usual
conference bag. (There are other cheaper providers of similar bags, but
we went with Chico because we know they are truly eco-friendly, and have
good quality bags.)

Allison