[Conferences] Add PyCon Ireland 2010 to pycon.org's list?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:58:31 CEST 2010

vicky,

apologies are not needed, especially to *this* mailing list which is a
bunch of people who are passionate about Python and want to see
PyCon's all over the planet. perhaps you want to target those who
signed up for EuroPython tutorials instead? ;-)

anyway, kudos again to you for being bold enough to host such a
gathering in your country. one at a time, Python *will* eventually
take over the world! :-)

cheers,
-wesley

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Vicky Twomey-Lee <whykay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we asked we didn't realised the tutorials were on. We thought
> that if we'd hold it the weekend before it when we looking at dates.
>
> On behalf of Python Ireland, apologies to those who can't make it.
> Also, thanks to folks here who ended up starting another thread to
> deal with preventing event clashes in the future.
>
> It's been a huge learning experience for me and my committee so far,
> and I'm so impressed with so many pycons held globally.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /// Vicky
>
> On Saturday, April 24, 2010, wesley chun <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> one thing to note is that there definitely is *some* overlap as PyCon
>> IE is scheduled on the exact days as the EP tutorials. it would also
>> be good to set topics that don't overlap as well (if it were possible)
>> to make it more "continuous" rather than having repeat talks.
>>
>> -- wesley
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> "Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall, (c)2007,2001
>> "Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
>>     http://corepython.com
>>
>> wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
>> python training and technical consulting
>> cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
>> http://cyberwebconsulting.com
>>

> --
> ~~ http://irishbornchinese.com ~~
> ~~       http://www.python.ie     ~~

"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
    http://withdjango.com