[Conferences] Python conference attendee statistics

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jul 13 22:07:06 CEST 2010

Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>
>> One of the ideas behind this is to reach out to
>> people who are not directly involved in programming, e.g. higher
>> level management, school administrations, governments, customers
>> who you need to convince of the usefulness of Python, students/parents
>> you want to convince that learning Python is a good thing, etc. etc.
>
> [...]
>
> The FOSSEE project in India (fossee.in) aims to provide Free/Open Source
> tools to (non-programming) scientists and engineers in India. Their main
> offerings are the SciPy suite. It might be worth your while to contact
> them. Your agendas seem to overlap.

Thanks for the note.

This is getting off-topic for the list, but anyway:

One of our next steps will be contacting various special interest
groups to get feedback from them and learn about their views of how
Python helps in their field. This will certainly also include
contacting groups such as SciPy community and the EduPython community.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 13 2010)
2010-07-19: EuroPython 2010, Birmingham, UK                 5 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/