[Conferences] Call for proposals: PyCon Canada Aug 9-13 in Toronto, Canada

Michael DiBernardo debo at pycon.ca
Tue May 21 14:26:34 CEST 2013

In anticipation of the main PyCon conference in Montreal in 2014 and 2015, we are hosting the second annual PyCon Canada conference on August 9-11, 2013 in Toronto, Canada to bring the Canadian Python community together.

We've opened ticket sales and talk submissions at http://pycon.ca -- please check it out! Talks range from standard 20 min / 40 min talks, to full-blown tutorials, to 5 min lightning talks. Speakers from all disciplines and of all experience levels are encouraged to apply (https://pycon.ca/speak).

Our deadline for talk submissions is July 1st, 2013.

We are excited to announce our first two keynote speakers: Jacob Kaplan-Moss, co-creator and co-BDFL of Django, and Director of Platform Security at Heroku; and Karen Brennan, Assistant Professor of Education at Harvard University in the Graduate School of Education, whose research focuses on the Scratch educator community. See https://pycon.ca/learn/ to learn more! We'll be announcing more featured speakers in the weeks to come.

We are also very proud to announce 500px (http://500px.com) as our title sponsor for the second year running! Here is what Oleg Gutsol (CEO) had to say about 500px's continued support of PyCon Canada in 2013:

==
One of our goals at 500px is to support the growing dev community in Toronto and in Canada.

We are a developer driven company, and we want to attract and work with the best software engineers in the country.

We believe that helping back up developer events is one of the best ways to foster a positive and long-lasting relationship with the dev community.  PyCon.ca is the leading Python conference in Canada, it brings some of the very interesting and well known people in the industry, and 500px wants to help make the conference better every year.

It was an honour to be a partner in the past and we are happy to continue to sponsor PyCon Canada this year!
==

We are looking forward to seeing you all there!

The PyCon Canada 2013 Organizing Committee
http://twitter.com/pyconca