[Conferences] Any Suggestions for Creating A PyCon Web Application?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Jul 3 23:49:04 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 03, 2014, Carl Karsten wrote:
> >
> > please join https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pinax-symposion  and
> > use it.
> >
> > Currently there isn't much of a comunity, so everyone struggles with the
> > same issues, comes up with their own solutions and doesn't tell anyone.
> > can under stand why, but i still think it is not nice.
>
> Is there some reason why you're not using a python.org mailing list?  I'm
> allergic to Google and so are other people.

I am using what was setup.

And to be fair, I barely qualify as using.   I am just above lurking.

My level of success:
http://test.pyohio.nextdayvideo.com/  good!  and some talks were proposed,
and I approved and scheduled them.

but some how the API to get the data out is broken:
http://test.pyohio.nextdayvideo.com/schedule/json/  bad.

I would try to fix it, but that code base is such a distant fork/derivative
of the pycon code that I don't think my fix will get merged.

--
Carl K