[Conferences] PyCon ZA 2014 - Call for Speakers

Neil Muller drnlmuller+python at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 11:46:43 CEST 2014

PyConZA 2014 will take place 2nd & 3rd October in Johannesburg, South
Africa.  There will be two days of talks, and we will hold sprints on
the 4th & 5th of October.

We are currently accepting proposals for talks. If you would like to
give a presentation, please register at http://za.pycon.org/ and
submit your proposal, following the instructions at
http://za.pycon.org/talks/submit-talk . We hope to notify accepted
presenters by no later than the 7th of September.

The presentation slots will be 30 minutes long, with an additional 10
minutes for discussion at the end. Shared sessions are also possible.
The presentations will be in English.

In addition to talks, we are also looking for proposals for tutorials,
demos and open spaces.

Tutorials are intended to be more in-depth introductions to a topic
with a limited number of attendees. Tutorial sessions can be up to 90
minutes long.

Demos are cool things for attendees to see and interact with.

Open spaces are open discussion forums where communities with a common
interest gather to present views, ask questions and meet people
interested in the topic.

There's no need to register a sprint topic upfront, but doing so
allows us to advertise them during the conference.

--
Neil Muller
On behalf of the PyConZA organising committee