[Conferences] Conference website software?

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:18:11 CEST 2015

We used something called FOSSConf[1] for PyCon India 2009
https://in.pycon.org/2009/. The maintainer and primary author passed
away a few years ago and the project is mostly unmaintained as far as I
know.

For 2010 https://in.pycon.org/2010/ and 2011 https://in.pycon.org/2011/,
we used an Infogami[2] based system. I'm no longer sure where the
complete code is.

For 2012 till last year, I think we used Funnel[3]. This is maintained
actively by a company in Bangalore in the business of running
conferences. It's a little hardwired for their own use patterns but
still a good piece of software.

For 2014 (I think) and for the upcoming 2015, we used Junction[4] which
was made by volunteers active in the conference organisation and custom
built for our own needs. It's actively maintained. That's what we will
be using moving forward.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://bitbucket.org/lawgon/fossconf/
[2]  https://github.com/anandology/infogami