[Conferences] PyBay 2020's call for 25 and 40 mins talk proposals ends tomorrow 7/14 11:59p PST

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Mon Jul 13 21:40:12 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

PyBay's call for 25 or 40-mins talk proposals is ending tomorrow (Tuesday
7/14 at midnight). Please submit your proposals now:
https://sessionize.com/pybay2020-online-edition/

PyBay2020 <https://pybay.com/>, the 5th regional conference in the San
Francisco Bay Area will meet online on August 14-16.  Aside from featuring
educational and inspiring talks, we are aiming for the gathering to be *social
*to help combat isolation blues that Pythonistas around the world may
be experiencing now. For starters, we are arranging *meet the speakers
sessions* for you to video chat with attendees in breakout rooms after the
talk to dive deeper. Read more about the direction we are going on our
medium post
<https://medium.com/pybay/pybay2020-aims-to-be-an-online-conference-thats-educational-inspiring-and-social-will-we-7e070fad9288>
.

TOPICS SEEKING

As with past PyBay's, our audience are technical and favors in-depth talks
with actionable takeaways in the following themes:

   - Python Fundamentals & Popular Python Libraries
   - Speed, Scale, and Performance
   - Devops, Automation, and Testing
   - Machine Learning, AI, and Data
   - Web, Internet of Things, and Hardware
   - People and Project Management

During this special time, we also want to uplift the global community by
highlighting projects that inspire or help us cope. As such, we are
reserving talk slots to show case:

   - technologies developed to ease the effects of the pandemic, and
   - projects that aims to ease racial and/or gender inequalities

More info available on our talk submission form on sessionize.
<https://sessionize.com/pybay2020-online-edition/>

We can't wait to hear about what you've been working on!

Grace Law

PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

415-323-0388 / grace at pybay.com

SF Python <https://sfpythonmeetup.com> is a volunteer-run organization
aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. We produce ~20
educational events a year including PyBay <https://pybay.com/>,
the Regional Python Conference in SF this August. Learn more
<https://youtu.be/EwK04nc4iyI>

ᐧ