[core-workflow] bugs.python.org-related GSoC project

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Mar 16 18:32:58 CET 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:07:16 +0530, Saimadhav Heblikar <saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently looking at the design of Roundup[1]. Would a standalone
> project as mentioned above be bugs.python.org roundup specific or
> would it target upstream? Which would serve *us* better?

Most of what we have been talking about should target roundup.
Following Nick's thoughts, even the patch generation could be made a
Roundup option rather than CPython specific.

> In either case, would someone familiar with bugs.python.org roundup
> point me to the differences between bugs.python.org from the upstream
> version?(if any)

There shouldn't be any core Roundup differences that have not been also
submitted upstream.  The bugs.python.org *instance* is, of course,
bugs.python.org specific.  That's not a lot of code; though the
open id and Rietveld support MVL added is non-trivial.

The repo for the instance is at hg.python.org/tracker/python-dev.
tracker/roundup is our copy of Roundup itself.

--David