[core-workflow] Choosing a CI service

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:51:58 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, you said they're "CI services":
>
> - CodeCov isn't actually a CI.

It is a "service." It is related to CI.  It's not s stretch to call it
a "CI service."  It is a component that can be added to most CI
providers.

> - AFAIK CodeShip doesn't work on Windows, so, for Windows CI, there isn't
> really a choice other than AppVeyor.

I think you are right.

> - CodeShip seems to require an account just to view the build status.
> - They're all failing. :(

Making the test run green is not a priority.  Seeing failure reports
is probably even more educational than seeing green badges.

FWIW, I've added Circle CI to the mix and so far I like it the most.