[core-workflow] Help needed: best way to convert hg repos to git?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Feb 6 14:42:47 EST 2016

FIrst off, thanks to everyone who has stepped out and started running
various approaches to test them out! Any and all help is appreciated since
there are a lot of parts to this transition and I definitely don't want to
do it on my own (especially since Python 2.7 would have its last release by
the time I would finish with all the work).

Second, does anyone -- or group of people -- want to own this and figure
out what to try out, keep track of what has been tried, come up with some
way to evaluate the results (both for accuracy in the conversion but also
if there is some way to say one is better than another), and come back to
the list with a solution? All I ask is you try to do it in the open
(whether it's by a Google Doc that's open to the public for comment or a
GitHub repo, I don't care) so people who want to help can? It seems there
are people definitely willing to try out the tools and report back, but I'm
looking for someone/people to organize the effort and come back to me with
a thought-out solution so I don't have to. :)