[core-workflow] Presentation on Rust's GitHub based automation tools

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:07:17 EST 2016

On 7 February 2016 at 20:23, Maciej Szulik <soltysh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Talking from the position of owning a similar bot in OpenShift, I quite
> certain that it's really hard to have common base. Since these bots
> address specific project and there are not two exactly the same projects
> with  exactly the same workflow. I think what Nick meant to show is,
> what we should target, more or less at least.

It was a combination of a suggestion and a question. The suggestion
was "Rust's automation UX seems nice, I think it would be desirable to
target similar capabilities for CPython", the question was "Would it
be feasible to collaborate on actual automation development?".

It sounds like the pragmatic answer to the latter is "No, the
additional coordination overhead isn't worth the potential pay-off",
and I think that's fine - our respective communities can still learn
from each other when it comes to our definitions of "What does 'good'
look like?" in workflow design.

Cheers,
Nick.