[core-workflow] Help needed: best way to convert hg repos to git?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Feb 8 13:23:03 EST 2016

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 at 09:54 Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>
>> It seems there are people definitely willing to try out the tools and
>> report back, but I'm looking for someone/people to organize the effort and
>> come back to me with a thought-out solution so I don't have to. :)
>>

> I wanted to get involved with this process. I am ready to help you here.
>
> https://github.com/orsenthil/cpython-hg-to-git
>
> Here I started documenting our discussion so far. I will continue to
> evaluate the tools (with other developers this list) and we'll try to come
> up with a conclusive suggestion for our migration.

Thanks to much, Senthil! When I get a chance I will update the PEP to say
this step of the migration is in process and you as in charge of it.

-Brett

P.S.: For this whole migration I'm going to try and delegate where
appropriate, so this won't be the last time I reach out for help. I
anticipate helping with bugs.python.org is going to be the biggest
stumbling block/need. And for those that wanted GitLab over GitHub, a vast
majority of this migration is Git host-agnostic, and so this is necessary
for after we leave GitHub (either because we're unhappy with GitHub or
because it's simply time to move; nothing is forever).