[core-workflow] Help needed: best way to convert hg repos to git?

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Fri Feb 12 09:00:20 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just saw the GitHub released a tool to import Mercurial repo:
>
> https://github.com/blog/2110-migrate-your-code-with-the-github-importer

Turns out that our CPython repository size is too big for this importer
tool to handle.
It fails for me consistently at 78% and I tried more than 10 times to push
the limit to 78%.

As Brett mentioned, I will report this to github.com team and let's
continue our evaluation of other tools
which can successfully complete the hg-> git translation of the repo.

--
Senthil