[core-workflow] Help needed: best way to convert hg repos to git?

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Fri Feb 12 09:37:05 EST 2016

Hi Pierre,

Do you have external documents that you could point us to so that it help us
with the research?

Thanks for sharing this detail on hg<->git already working for a huge
repo.

\--
Senthil

lyon.org> wrote:

> On 02/06/2016 01:57 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0512/#define-commands-to-move-a
-mercurial-repository-to-git

> There appear to be multiple ways to convert hg repos to git, but no
> clear winner. It would be great if some one/people took on the task of
> evaluating the tools available out there by converting the cpython repo
> and seeing which one has the best results.

> We, at Facebook, have been happily using hg-git in production for
bidirectional conversion of repositories of insane sizes.

> I would look in that direction for your conversion.

> \--
Pierre-Yves David
This list is governed by the PSF Code of Conduct:
https://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct