[core-workflow] Help needed: best way to convert hg repos to git?

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Sat Feb 13 23:27:30 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Pierre-Yves David <
pierre-yves.david at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> We, at Facebook, have been happily using hg-git in production for
> bidirectional conversion of repositories of insane sizes.

I played with hg-git tool and was able to migrate the hg cpython default
branch to git successfully. I have documented the steps here:
https://github.com/orsenthil/cpython-hg-to-git/blob/master/README.md

import.github.com is unable to handle the size of our repo. I have reported
this to github.com and let's see if we get any support from them.