[core-workflow] We will be moving to GitHub

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jan 2 22:41:33 EST 2016

I'm personally disappointed of course, and not at all surprised, especially
after Guido's stated preference.

But I want to be very clear that I accept the decision and want to express my
thanks also to Brett, Nick, Donald, Guido, and everyone else who contributed
to the conversation.  It heartening to know that we all care enough about
Python, past, present, and future to want to see it succeed not just
technically, but socially as well, and decisions about where and how our code
will be developed are at least as much social as they are technical.  It's
also gratifying to know that a subject that can invoke such passion can for
the most part be discussed rationally and civilly within our wonderful
community.

Cheers,
-Barry