[core-workflow] My initial thoughts on the steps/blockers of the transition

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:52:05 EST 2016

> Open issues
> -------------------
> - What tools and commands will we use to convert the repos?

I will investigate this soon. I don't claim ESR-level experience in
repository conversion, but I did migrate most of KDE from SVN to Git
(which was one hell of a task) :)

However, I will be on vacation and trying to stay away from my email
inbox (except urgent KDE sysadmin matters) from Jan 9th to Jan ~15th.

What's the general timeframe you're thinking for all this? I know
Python is not a corporate project with "deadlines", but I bet nobody
would like "CPython will be in GitHub by early 2017"...

--
Nicolás