[core-workflow] My initial thoughts on the steps/blockers of the transition

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:04:43 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM, Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> We can also try to do something smarter by checking e.g. every 15
> minutes and posting the message only if no new messages have been
> added in the last 15 minutes (so the reviewer has likely finished
> commenting).

I like this plan, though 15 minutes might be a bit short for the
cooldown period; half an hour might be a bit better.  On the other
hand, it is possible to write out all your review comments without
hitting the 'comment' button on any of them, then scroll through and
click comment on each of them, in which case the cooldown could be
even shorter than 15 minutes.

Alternately, what about checking for a marker in a top-level (not a
line note) comment, which signals "I finished a review, aggregate it
and post it to b.p.o"?

--
Zach