[C++-SIG] Restarting

Phil Austin phil at geog.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 29 18:23:27 CEST 1999

Paul F. Dubois writes:

 > I tried [egcs] about two months ago and it was close but no cigar...it lacked a
 > standard library, for one thing, and support for virtual methods in
 > templated classes. VC++ on Windows does work. But I share your optimism.

Joe Van Andel posted a message to the egcs-bugs list last week
indicating that he'd succeeded in getting CXX to compile with the
current snapshot, after applying a patch that restricted agressive
inlining. I'm not sure whether he's tested it further.

Phil

Phil Austin		INTERNET: phil at geog.ubc.ca
(604) 822-2175		FAX:	  (604) 822-6150

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil