[C++-SIG] Python calling C++ issues

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Wed Dec 1 15:43:58 CET 1999

> From K & R, 2nd ed., 2:2, verse 8, p. 36:
>
> "Each compiler is free to choose appropriate sizes for its own
> hardware, subject only to the restriction that shorts and ints are at
> least 16 bits, longs are at least 32 bits, and short is no longer than
> int, which is no longer than long."

That's rather annoying. What if my processor only has 1-bit buses, and my
RAM only stores 10 words. I could never have any integers. :(

Adrian Eyre <mailto:a.eyre at optichrome.com>
Optichrome Computer Solutions Ltd
Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HX, UK
Tel: +44 1483 740 233  Fax: +44 1483 760 644
http://www.optichrome.com