[C++-SIG] Python calling C++ issues

Dirk Heise dheise at debitel.net
Thu Dec 2 23:08:18 CET 1999

> Von: Guido van Rossum <guido at CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
> An: c++-sig at python.org
> Betreff: Re: [C++-SIG] Python calling C++ issues
> Datum: Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 1999 16:31
>
> All I can say is, the more I hear about C++, the less likely it
> becomes that Python 2.0 will be written in it.

Come on! You don't have to use all sick features they built
into the standard. During my dull C++-9-to-5 job, i avoid
operator overloading, C++ references, "const" whereever
possible, STL and hell-knows-what and i'm having a great
time as a C++-10-percenter. Possibly not Geoffreys opinion,
but it pays the rent :-)

But one serious question: Do you consider prototyping
Python 2 in Python 1?

Dirk