[C++-SIG] CXX3.tgz available, compiles with EGCS snapshot

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 14 17:59:34 CEST 1999

CXX is a package for extending Python with C++.

David Ascher and I are working on making Numerical use ExtensionClass and plan
to release a beta of it for community testing. Since we are doing this rather
than making a normal release 12, in the meantime I wanted to make available my
version of CXX that compiles with EGCS as of the snapshot of June 16. Compile
times are slow but not utterly unbearable. So, if lack of a commercial license
for a better compiler has prevented you from trying CXX, you can try it now.

ftp://ftp-icf.llnl.gov/pub/python/CXX3.tgz

CXX is described in my paper that appeared in the Seventh International Python
conference proceedings. Documentation is on-line at :

http://xfiles.llnl.gov

The document is also included in the distribution.