[C++-SIG] How to get CXX-5.0

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 28 14:52:44 CEST 2000

I just posted 5.0b; we have been putting off doing this because one of us
had a problem on one platform/compiler (I even forget which one). We need
more eyeballs here.

Previous users of version 4 should note the massive and incompatible
changes, particularly on the Extension side. Files have been renamed, etc.
This incorporates Barry Scott's and Geoff Furnish's work and is doubtless a
big improvement on the original in this area.

Unfortunately, I can't even build it properly myself right now so all I can
tell you is that it compiles ok with gcc 2.95.2. I figure it is better to
put it out there since the three of us seem totally tied up at the moment.